Swiss Chard & Creamy Almond Ricotta Pizza
Swiss Chard & Creamy Almond Ricotta Pizza is so lush, deliciously light, has a rich decadent taste and it is oil-free and vegan.
Swiss Chard & Creamy Almond Ricotta Pizza is such a fun way of eating Swiss chard and an inviting way to introduce Swiss chard to those who haven’t had Swiss chard yet or those who aren’t that fond of greens yet. Almond ricotta becomes even creamier when its is baked on the pizza under the chard. After the pizza is baked, the Swiss chard, the Creamy Almond Ricotta and the crust become one delicious treat as a good pizza should.
I love making a completely different dish from leftovers. Pizza is one of my go-to dishes with certain leftovers. The Swiss Chard & Persimmon Sautee is the leftover greens used here and is the inspiration behind this pizza. It’s perfect as an appetizer and also as a companion to soup and/or salad.
Nutmeg and black pepper give a spicy lift and the persimmon pieces added on top give it a brightness, freshness and vibrant color (the heat will deepen the orange). The persimmon pieces can be placed on before baking if you like the persimmons softer. Baking the persimmons on the pizza will soften them more both in texture and in taste. They can also be added after baking. There is enough residual heat to soften the persimmon pieces while still leaving a little “tooth” to the persimmon pieces.
When I bring this dish to some else’s house I put the persimmon wedges on before to make it easier. Either way this oil-free vegan Swiss Chard & Creamy Almond Ricotta Pizza is a lovely way to start the evening.
Tools Used in this Recipe
- bake sheet lined with parchment paper
- flexible spatula
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- serving plate or board
- 1 10" pre-baked pizza crust or flatbread Mediterranean flatbread, or whole wheat or whole grain pizza crust or gluten-free crust
- 1/3 cup Creamy Almond Ricotta plus 2 Tbls divided
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg or a few grates of whole nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper or fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups Swiss Chard & Persimmon Sautee
- 1/2 persimmon cut into small wedges, optional
- 1 tbls Salt-free Cashew Spice Blend optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Spread a generous layer of the Creamy Almond Ricotta on the flatbread flat bread or pre-baked pizza crust.
- Season with the nutmeg and plack pepper.
- Place a layer of the Swiss chard sautee on the Creamy Almond Ricotta.
- Top it with several teaspoon sized creamy almond ricotta dots.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with persimmon pieces and seasoned cashews if using right after taking the pizza out of the oven. There is enough heat to soften the persimmon pieces while still leaving a little “tooth” to the persimmon pieces.