Swiss Chard & Creamy Almond Ricotta Pizza
December 13, 2017
Swiss Chard & Creamy Almond Ricotta Pizza is such a fun way of eating Swiss chard. It may also be an inviting way to introduce Swiss chard to the kiddos, those who haven’t had Swiss chard yet or those who aren’t that fond of greens yet. This pizza with Swiss chard and creamy almond ricotta mix is so lush, deliciously light, healthy, and has a rich decadent taste. Almond ricotta becomes even creamier when its is baked on the pizza under the chard. After the pizza is baked, the Swiss chard, the Creamy Almond Ricotta and the crust become one as a good pizza should.
I love making something completely different from leftovers of a dish. Pizza is one of my go-to dishes with certain leftovers. The Swiss Chard & Persimmon Sautee is the leftover greens used here and is the inspiration behind this pizza. It’s perfect as an appetizer and also as a companion to soup and/or salad. Nutmeg and black pepper give a spicy lift and the persimmon pieces added on top give it a brightness, freshness and vibrant color (the heat will deepen the orange). The persimmon pieces can be placed on before baking or right after baking. Baking the persimmons on the pizza will soften them more both in texture and in taste. When I bring this dish to some else’s house I put on before to make it easier. Either way this Swiss chard and creamy almond ricotta pizza is a lovely way to start the evening.
- 1 Mediterranean flatbread, 8–10 in diameter or pre-baked whole wheat or whole grain pizza crust or gluten-free crust
- 1/3–1/2 cup Creamy Almond Ricotta, plus 2 Tbls divided
- a few grates of whole nutmeg or a pinch of ground nutmeg
- a couple grinds of black pepper or a pinch of ground black pepper
- 2 cups Swiss Chard & Persimmon Sautée
- 1/2 persimmon cut into small wedges (optional)
- 1 Tbls Spice-infused Cashews ground up (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Spread a generous layer of the Creamy Almond Ricotta on the pizza crust or flatbread
- Season with the nutmeg and plack pepper
- Place a layer of the Swiss chard sautee on the Creamy Almond Ricotta
- Dot it with the creamy almond ricotta, teaspoon size
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with persimmon pieces and seasoned cashews if using right after taking the pizza out of the oven. There is enough heat to soften the persimmon pieces while still leaving a little “tooth” to it.
Tools: bake sheet; flexible spatula or dull knife to spread ricotta; knife and board to cut persimmon; spoon for the seasoned cashews; plate or board to serve
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 10 minutes Yield: 4–6
Serving Size: 4–6
© The Noil Kitchen
Keep in touch with The Noil Kitchen: